Wednesday 23 February 2022
Today Daniel Andrews must come clean as to his involvement in an anti-corruption investigating into his dealings with the United Firefighters Union.
The Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) has now released witnesses from their legal responsibility to remain silent over Operation Richmond – meaning those questioned and investigated have no reason to refuse to answer questions.
Daniel Andrews can no longer hide behind spin and deflection. He must answer the following today:
- Were you investigated, if so, on what date?
- Were you questioned?
- Did you provide evidence, if so, what evidence did you provide?
- Were you, your office or any other DPC staff member asked to provide documents?
- Was anyone from your office questioned?
- What accusations of impropriety were put to you?
Instead of focusing on the problems holding us back, Daniel Andrews leads a tired government that is increasingly mired in corruption and political in-fighting.
Victorian families and small businesses deserve a government focused on recovering, rebuilding and getting our state back on track.